Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lincoln logs







It's interesting to go to places and find out a little bit about history that you kind of knew about and yet totally didn't comprehend until you experience it visually. I knew Abraham Lincoln grew up in a log cabin type house. I imagined something like Little House on the Prairie type days, but still didn't realize how small this dwelling was, until I visited Kentucky and saw for myself. I believe my bedroom is larger than his entire house was. I am amazed.





2 comments:

  1. With a house that small, maybe he did walk on the ceiling. As tall as he was, we could do a hand stand and walk across the ceiling. Can't wait to see more pictures.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. U need to show me the family vacation pictures next time we get together.

    ReplyDelete